July 28th, 2008
It’s hard to believe that this is the Kimball Art Center’s 39th year hosting the Park City Arts Festival. Congratulations! This is the largest art festival in Utah, with growth every year.
As always, Main Street will close down on Friday afternoon to allow the artists and craftsmen to set up their booths. On this night, locals can check out the booths in a free sneak peak starting at around 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The official festival kicks off on Saturday, August 2nd from 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and runs through Sunday, August 3rd from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. 225 artists will showcase their wares and live music; 3 beer and wine gardens, and delicious food will entice you to stay all day. There’s also a Kids’ Corner featuring activities including face painting and art projects to keep the little ones busy.
“How to Fest”:
- Park at the Park City Mountain Resort lot and take a 5 minute bus to Main Street, or carpool with friends and park in one of the Marsac lots.
- Arrive early and walk up one side of the street during the coolest part of the day. Grab a Navajo Taco and a beer for lunch at the top of Main, then stroll down to see the other side of the street.
- Come at night and make a reservation at one of your favorite restaurants. My pick? Artichokes and trout on the patio at Cafe Terigo, or blistered beans and sushi on Shabu’s deck.
- Take a full tour before making any purchase decisions. Ask the vendor to put the piece in hold for 30 minutes if you need some time to think. Can’t live without it? Snatch up the piece right away… many vendors sell out and your piece may not be there later!
- Don’t forget a visit to Gallery MAR at 580 Main Street– we will have Utah artist Brooks Yates performing an artist demonstration on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.